The Sax Institute is a national leader in promoting the use of research evidence in health policy.
We aim to be the bridge between researchers and health decision makers, giving each the tools to work more closely together to benefit all Australians.
To improve health and wellbeing by driving the use of research in policies, programs and services.
We want wiser decisions for a healthier Australia.
- Build and maintain research assets that enable high-quality research and produce new knowledge for decision making
- Drive research that contributes to policy, program and service delivery decisions
- Give health decision makers ready access to relevant research findings and research expertise
- Lead international best practice in knowledge exchange
- Maintain and strengthen a sustainable and effective organisation
- Transparency and accountability
- Being evidence-based
The Sax Institute is a not-for-profit organisation that is independent of any one university or research group. We receive core funding from the NSW Ministry of Health and we are supported by other government, non-government, philanthropic and competitive research funding agencies.
Examples of other funding sources include: the National Health and Medical Research Council, the Australian Government Department of Education and Training, and Cancer Council NSW.
The Sax Institute is a company limited by guarantee (ACN 095 542 886).