The Sax Institute is a national leader in promoting the use of research evidence in health policy.
We aim to be the bridge between researchers and health decision makers, giving each the tools to work more closely together to benefit all Australians.
To improve health and wellbeing by driving the use of research in policies, programs and services.
We want wiser decisions for a healthier Australia.
To be a national and international centre of excellence in embedding research into the fabric of policy,
program and service delivery decisions.
- Pave the way for more high-impact research by building research platforms, partnerships and skills
- Deliver new intelligence that helps our partners address challenges in policy, program and service
- Connect decision makers with what is known from research so that they can access the right evidence at
the right time.
- Impact – we help our partners solve problems and find solutions
- Integrity – we’re genuinely committed to doing things well and doing things right.
- In touch – we understand the needs of both decision makers and researchers
- Innovative – we enable breakthrough ideas that lead to change
- Independent – we have strong connections with the policy world and our research organisation members
but value being an independent broker.
The Sax Institute is a not-for-profit organisation that is independent of any one university or research group. We receive core funding from the NSW Ministry of Health and we are supported by other government, non-government, philanthropic and competitive research funding agencies.
Examples of other funding sources include: the National Health and Medical Research Council, the Australian Government Department of Education and Training, and Cancer Council NSW.
The Sax Institute is a company limited by guarantee (ACN 095 542 886).
Our Strategic Plan
In 2017, we developed new Strategic Plan to enable us to deliver effectively on our mission. The plan focuses on building long-term, significant and more diverse partnerships, and strategically positioning our research platforms to ensure they remain valuable in a rapidly changing environment.
The strategics underpinning this plan will help the Institute to achieve the strategic goals of greater impact on policy and practice and long-term sustainability.
- Download the Strategic Plan 2017-2022