• Not for profit sector
• Maximum-term contract (up to 1 year), full time or part time (4 days per week) considered
• Professional and friendly environment
About the Sax Institute
The Sax Institute is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that helps decision makers find and make the best use of research to solve real-world health and social problems.
We connect individuals and organisations with research, we build research platforms that generate new knowledge for use in decision making, and we lead thinking and knowledge around how to ensure more research has a real-world impact.
We are not a research institute but rather, a transformative organisation established to develop innovative ways of better connecting knowledge from research with those who can use it.
About the role
Sitting within the Evidence for Action Division, this position plays a key role in managing, completing and coordinating Evidence Check rapid research reviews.
Working with dedicated professionals, this is a diverse role that will be responsible for working with our clients and researchers to provide a concise summary of evidence that helps answer policy questions presented in a policy-friendly format. In essence, we clarify an agency’s research needs and provide research to help them make policy decisions.
The role will suit someone who is looking to develop their skills in project management and who is wanting to build on their current experience.
Although no two days will be the same, responsibilities of the role will include:
• Applying high level project management skills to deliver Evidence Check reviews
• Overseeing the allocation and delivery of Evidence Check reviews across the team
• Managing the Health Alliance for Research Collaboration (HARC) scholarship project – including communicating with applicants, supporting the selection panel, distributing the scholarships and reporting
• Supporting the delivery of the Knowledge Mobilisation Conference
• Contributing to the delivery of other Knowledge Exchange services.
About you – Selection Criteria
We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated individual to fill this position who has the following experience and skill set:
• Extensive experience in project management including managing and delivering multiple complex projects
• Knowledge and understanding of government environments and policy processes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people including senior researchers, clinicians and senior government officials
• Ability to foster and manage collaborative relationships to ensure progress against goals
• Ability to manage competing demands and meet deadlines without compromising standards of service
• Experience in problem solving and finding appropriate solutions that work for diverse stakeholders
• A sound understanding of research as it applies to policy, programs and practice.
• Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline (public or population health, health policy, clinical research or similar).
If the details of this role has sparked your interest, please have a read through the full position description which is available here:Position Description
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria to email@example.com with the subject heading: Senior Analyst.
To learn more about Evidence Check and the work of the Knowledge Exchange program go to: https://www.saxinstitute.org.au/our-work/knowledge-exchange/evidence-check/ /
Please contact Gai Moore on 02 9188 9539 if you have any questions on the role.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday, 17 January 2020
The Sax Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.