- Not for profit sector
- Maximum-term contract – 5 years, full-time opportunity (1.0 FTE); part-time (0.8 FTE) can also be considered
- Ultimo location, professional and friendly environment
- Competitive remuneration package, including salary packaging
The Sax Institute is a leading Australian expert body in helping decision makers find and make best use of research to solve real-world health and social problems.
We connect individuals and organisations with research, we build research platforms that generate new knowledge for use in decision making, and we lead thinking and knowledge around how to ensure more research has a real-world impact.
We are a transformative organisation established to develop innovative ways of better connecting knowledge from research with those who can use it.
Division/Program Area – Evidence for Action/ Knowledge Exchange
The Evidence for Action Division includes three program areas: Knowledge Exchange, Evaluate, and Decision Analytics. Together, these programs place us at the forefront of the knowledge mobilisation field.
The Knowledge Exchange program aims to embed the use of research in health and wellbeing policy and practice. We assist decision makers to access and use evidence from research; and we provide ways for researchers and decision makers to work together to address policy and practice questions. We have several well-developed services and resources which support the use of research in decision making and we are developing and testing further approaches.
About the position
The Senior Analyst will report to the Manager, Knowledge Exchange, Evidence for Action Division. S/he will lead the work on HARC (the Sax Institute’s partnership with the Clinical Excellence Commission, Agency for Clinical Innovation, Bureau of Health Information and Cancer Institute NSW). This requires excellent partnership skills and a strong understanding of the NSW Health system. The Senior Analyst will work closely with the Institute’s clients (government agencies, health services, not for profit organisations) and with researchers in relation to the development and delivery of services that support the use of research in decision making.
About the Selection Criteria
To be successful the Senior Analyst should demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies:
- Experience in the conduct of research as it relates to policy and program development in health, health-related, or human services fields
- Knowledge and understanding of government processes, environments and policy making
- Strong understanding of how NSW Health functions, and roles and responsibilities within it
- Demonstrated confidence and ability to work effectively with senior members of organisations including academics, clinicians and government officials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
About the benefits
- Competitive salary including packaging
- Opportunity to impact health policy/program delivery
The position description is attached Position Description.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria to email@example.com with the subject heading: Senior Analyst, Knowledge Exchange Program, Evidence for Action Division.
For any enquiries please contact Gabriel Moore on 9188 9500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 5pm, 16 November 2018.
The Sax Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.