- Not for profit sector
- Full-time role till June 2021; part-time arrangement of 0.6 – 0.8FTE can be considered
- Professional and friendly environment
- Office located in Glebe, NSW
About the Sax Institute
The Sax Institute is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that improves health and wellbeing by driving better use of evidence in policies, programs and services.
The Institute has an international reputation as an Evidence Specialist, and nearly 20 years’ experience in translating research findings into policy drawing on our own expertise as well as that of our more than 50 member organisations. We work with governments, health organisations, research organisations and a network of experts nationwide to analyse policy problems and find the best evidence-based solutions.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity exists for a Research Fellow (Health Economics) to join the Sax Institute. Sitting within the Decision Analytics team, this position will lead the integration of economic evaluation into simulation models and assist with the preparation of communication materials and academic outputs.
This is a diverse role that will suit an experienced Health Economist who is motivated by working with dedicated professionals who are true experts in their field. Although no two days will be the same, responsibilities will include:
- Designing economic evaluation component of dynamic simulation modelling
- Identifying and analysing economic data relevant for the economic evaluation
- Contributing to the dissemination of the work of the Decision Analytics team
- Contributing to tenders and applications for new work
About you – Selection Criteria
We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated Research Fellow to fill this position who has the following experience and current skill set:
- A PhD or equivalent research experience in health economics
- Sound knowledge and understanding of methodologies used in economic evaluation
- Proficiency in collating and analysing data used in health economics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience delivering presentations/workshops and sound understanding of dynamic simulation models will be highly regarded.
If this sounds interesting, please click this link Position Description to read more about the role.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria to email@example.com with the subject heading: Research Fellow (Health Economics)
Please contact Cindy Peng at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions about the role.
Applications close: 5pm, 29 July 2020.
The Sax Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.