- Not for profit sector
- Maximum-term contract (up to 3 years)
- Ultimo location, professional and friendly environment
About the Sax Institute
The Sax Institute is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that helps decision makers find and make the best use of research to solve real-world health and social problems.
We connect individuals and organisations with research, we build research platforms that generate new knowledge for use in decision making, and we lead thinking and knowledge around how to ensure more research has a real-world impact.
We are not a research institute but rather, a transformative organisation established to develop innovative ways of better connecting knowledge from research with those who can use it.
About the role
Sitting within the Institute’s Communication and Engagement Division, this position plays a key role in ensuring the Institute effectively promotes its products and activities to target audiences. It is a diverse role and will contribute to the development of a wide range of print and online products, ranging from full-scale reports, brochures, conference programs and corporate collateral, to invitations, electronic direct messages, website content, and social media content.
The successful candidate will have a knack for quickly and efficiently turning dense prose into catchy, appealing content that gets attention and is suitable for professional and public audiences. Working under the direction of the Media and Editorial Manager, he or she will also be adept at weeding out technical jargon and will know how to use judgement appropriately to ‘pitch’ content to a level appropriate to the intended readership – without compromising accuracy or ignoring sensitivities.
Although no two days will be the same, responsibilities will include:
- Content creation and upkeep. This could include anything related to content from idea generation to writing to ensuring consistency with brand guidelines
- Maintaining effective relationships with external suppliers
- Ensuring records are maintained effectively
- Providing marketing and editorial expertise to staff across the Institute. This includes trouble shooting questions they may have or providing technical advice to staff on how to use brand assets.
About you – Selection Criteria
We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated Marketing & Editorial Officer who has the following experience and current skill set:
- At least two years’ experience in a writing or editing role within a medium- or large-sized organisation
- Highly effective writing skills, with the ability to translate complex information into clear, interesting and relevant content for a variety of audiences
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to problem-solve, manage a publication schedule, manage multiple concurrent tasks and prioritise
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to develop productive working relationships across different parts of the organisation
- Proven proofreading skills and experience in editing copy for digital platforms
- Good self-starting skills and ability to complete projects without close supervision
- Flexible approach and aptitude for technology and learning new skills
- Willingness to brainstorm and pitch fresh ideas and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Intermediate skills on Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn and utilise the Institute’s contract management database.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
Please click on the following link for a copy of the Position Description.
Marketing & Editorial Officer Position Description
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Marketing & Editorial Officer.
For any enquiries please contact Hugo Wilcken on 02 9195 6017.
Applications close: 5pm, 20 May 2019.
The Sax Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.