- Not for profit sector
- Full time position, however, open to considering a flexible working week
- Maternity leave contract to June 2021
- Office located in Glebe, NSW
About the Sax Institute
The Sax Institute is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that improves health and wellbeing by driving better use of evidence in policies, programs and services.
The Sax Institute has an international reputation as an Evidence Specialist, and nearly 20 years’ experience in translating research findings into policy drawing on our own expertise as well as that of our more than 50 member organisations. We work with governments, health organisations, research organisations and a network of experts nationwide to analyse policy problems and find the best evidence-based solutions.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity exists for a Data and Analytics Manager to join the 45 and Up Study teams, until June 2021, to fill a maternity leave position. Sitting within the Research Assets Division, this position plays a key role in overseeing the data and analytical capabilities/systems of the 45 and Up Study (the largest ongoing study of health and ageing in Australia).
Working with dedicated professionals, this role will be responsible for leading a small data management team to ensure the 45 and Up survey and linked data is complete and available for external researchers; and providing methodological and biostatistical input, and analytic outputs for internal projects. The role requires experience with large linked administrative data; data management; in addition to team and stakeholder management.
Although no two days will be the same, responsibilities will include:
- Providing quality and timely data, methodological advice and analytical outputs
- Managing a small team – providing support, guidance, and leadership to assist them to excel in their roles
- Taking the lead in data and system development
- Contributing to external stakeholder engagement – including data custodians and researchers
- Providing internal analytical and methodological advice to support the Director and other 45 and Up projects.
To be successful the Data and Analytics Manager should demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies:
- Postgraduate degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Public Health, or a related area.
- Experience in data management of large datasets, including survey and linked data, Medicare Benefit Scheme (MBS) and Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Highly developed data analytic and statistical skills and experience using Base SAS,
- Experience in the design and analysis of epidemiological studies using large, population-based datasets
- Experience working with administrative datasets
- Experience working with linked datasets
- High level organisational and time management skills with demonstrated expertise in managing competing priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of dealing with sensitive data and principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to explain epidemiological and statistical concepts and methods to non-expert audiences.
- Experience in supervising or managing staff.
- Experience using a range of statistical packages
- Experience in survey design, survey data collection and management
- A strong interest in policy relevant applied research
- Analyst and author for peer reviewed publications
- Proven ability to contribute ideas and innovations, and develop and implement initiatives
If this sounds interesting, please click on Position Description to read more about the role.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria to email@example.com with the subject heading: Data and Analytics Manager
Please contact Dr Kerrin Bleicher on 0418 226 059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions about the role.
Applications close: 5pm, 27 November 2020.
The Sax Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.