One of the Institute’s key strengths is the expertise of its team. We are always looking for opportunities to work with those who share our goals and values.
Researchers should visit our For Researchers section to learn more about opportunities for collaboration.
Health decision makers — those working in policy, practice or other areas of health service provision – should visit our For policy agencies section.
Open vacancies will be listed on this page. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter Evidence Matters and follow us on twitter @SaxInstitute to ensure notification of new vacancies when they arise.
- Fixed-term contract – six months with potential to extend to eight months
- Full-time (will consider four days)
- Immediate start
About the Sax Institute
The Sax Institute is a national leader in promoting the use of research evidence in health policy. We aim to be the bridge between researchers and health decision makers, giving each the tools to work more closely together to benefit all Australians.
About the position
This role will act as the first point of contact for customer support and is responsible for maintaining and responding to Service Desk calls and requests. You will be a member of the Institute’s technical support services team supporting the Institute’s internal staff. This role involves a wide variety of tasks including administering IT systems and infrastructure, providing application support and providing key assistance with the Windows 10 and Office 2016 upgrade project.
You will have:
- Experience in providing 1st and 2nd level IT technical support services.
- Good experience supporting a Microsoft environment including Active Directory, Windows 7 and Office 2013
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent service orientation and stakeholder engagement across all levels.
Desirable – Selection Criteria
- Any experience in ITIL enabled service desk
- Experience in Windows 2012 server
- Deployment of Windows 10 and Office 2016 would be an advantage.
- Competitive salary including salary packaging
- Opportunity to impact health policy/program delivery
Please download the position description for a detailed Selection Criteria
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading IT Support.
For any enquiries please contact Anthony Ashton on 02 9188 9538 or email@example.com
Applications close: Friday 10 March 2017
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents only.