Australia’s largest ongoing study of health and ageing
45 and Up Study
The 45 and Up Study is helping researchers to unlock the secrets of healthy ageing, with hundreds of scientific studies published so far and more under way.
Information for participants
Update your details, get the latest news and find out how your contribution is supporting world leading research to improve healthy ageing
Information for researchers and policy makers
Learn how to use the 45 and Up Study to answer important health questions
How the 45 and Up Study can help you
- Over 15 years of longitudinal data from surveys covering broad health and social topics
- Access linked data from Medicare, Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, hospital, cancer registry and many other datasets
- A huge cohort of more than 250,000 participants, yielding a high statistical power
- Invite participants to be involved in new research
- Explore phenotypes, genotypes, lifestyle factors, disease progression and treatments thanks to our growing collection of biospecimens from participants
- Geospatial data to support comparisons between local areas
- Evaluate the impact of new health programs
Our partners are critical to the ongoing success of the Study and they have invested in it because they see the value of the Study to Australians and the research community. They are using the Study in a diverse range of projects from cardiovascular research to potentially preventable hospitalisations.
We welcome interest from organisations interested in being a part of the project.
Latest news about the 45 and Up Study
Latest research projects from the 45 and Up Study
The information we obtained from the 45 and Up Study provided us with a rich source of data that could address numerous health issues and advance the knowledge in our field.
Professor David Sibbritt
Head of the School of Public Health, University of Technology Sydney