Specialist expertise in health and social policy evaluation
The Sax Institute provides independent evaluations that help policy agencies understand the value, impact and outcome of programs and policies.
We specialise in pragmatic, real-world evaluations, and offer agencies a unique skillset and approach that combines academic rigour with a deep understanding of the policy landscape.
Since 2016, the Sax Institute has evaluated a wide range of health and social services, including suicide prevention, health service delivery, integrated care, and disability inclusion.
We have partnered successfully on evaluation projects with a range of clients including the Australian Government Department of Health, the NSW Ministry of Health, the NSW Department of Communities and Justice, and the Victorian Department of Health.
What we offer
- Evaluation planning, including program logic development
- Conducting developmental, process and outcome evaluations
- Training and capacity building in evaluation methods and approaches
How Evaluate can help you
A rigorous yet flexible approach
Solutions that work for you
Proven track record
We wanted an independent eye on what we were implementing. The Evaluate team clearly understood what our needs were, contributed ideas, and helped us clarify what we wanted to do.Youth Health and Wellbeing Team, NSW Health
Who we’ve worked with
- NSW Health
- NSW Department of Communities and Justice
- NSW Mental Health Commission
- Cancer Institute NSW
- Victorian Department of Health
- ACT Health
- Queensland Health
- University of Sydney
- Australian Government Department of Health