Collaborations to improve the health of Aboriginal people
The Sax Institute works in partnership with a number of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS) to enable Aboriginal-led research in a range of projects that aim to empower Aboriginal communities in the pursuit of better health services and outcomes.
Through this partnership, ACCHSs nominate their research priorities, control how the research is conducted and take the lead in determining what works for them and their communities.
What we do
- Embed Aboriginal research into the fabric of policy, program and service delivery decisions
- Work in partnership with ACCHS partners focusing on work that involves gathering data and evidence to support ACCHS priorities
- Bring expertise to the topics and challenges identified by the ACCHSs
- Support action in response to new evidence through engagement with policy agencies
- Build capacity in Indigenous-led health research
Our focus areas
Cancer and healthy ageing
Children and young people
If you have any questions, please contact us at SEARCH@saxinstitute.org.au.