Discovering pathways to improving Aboriginal child health
The SEARCH Annual Forum, on 11 August 2017, provided a platform for discussion on how we can put new research findings to best use to improve the lives of urban Aboriginal children and families.
We were joined by the following guest speakers:
- The Hon Ken Wyatt AM, MP, Federal Minister for Indigenous Health
- Ms Sandra Bailey, a founding SEARCH Chief Investigator
- Ms Tallulah Lett, SEARCH study participant, sharing her personal story
Master of ceremonies: Mr Darryl Wright, CEO, Tharawal Aboriginal Corporation
New insights from SEARCH – the Study of Environment on Aboriginal Resilience and Child Health – were shared and their implications for policy and practice were discussed.
Photo gallery from the event
The two panel discussion sessions focused on recent SEARCH findings and how they might impact on policy, practice and programs for urban Aboriginal children and families.
- Housing quality and health for urban Aboriginal communities
- Social and emotional wellbeing of urban Aboriginal children