Health services and health systems research will be critical to developing an enduring and resilient system. Our objective is to strengthen the evidence base to assist in future-proofing our health care and aged care systems.
This work will include identification and promotion of:
- Powerful examples of how health services research has informed decisions about sustainable health care
- Opportunities for health services research and health systems research to contribute further to future-proofing our health care system
- Strategies to deliver on these opportunities.
Future-proofing and advancing our health and aged care services | 29 August 2022
Here is a list of documents referenced at the event:
- Gresham M, Heffernan M, Brodaty H. The Going to Stay at Home program: combining dementia caregiver training and residential respite care. Int Psychogeriatr. 2018 Nov;30(11):1697-1706. doi: 10.1017/S1041610218000686. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30019662/
- Gresham M, Morris T, Min Chao S, Lorang C, Cunningham C. Specialist residential dementia care for people with severe and persistent behaviours: A ten-year retrospective review. Australas J Ageing. 2021 Sep;40(3):309-316. doi: 10.1111/ajag.12964. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34043267/
- Dyer SM, Standfield LB, Fairhall N, Cameron ID, Gresham M, Brodaty H, Crotty M. Supporting community-dwelling older people with cognitive impairment to stay at home: A modelled cost analysis. Australas J Ageing. 2020 Dec;39(4):e506-e514. doi: 10.1111/ajag.12818.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32609939/
- Levesque JF, Harris MF, Russell G. Patient-centred access to health care: conceptualising access at the interface of health systems and populations. Int J Equity Health. 2013 Mar 11;12:18. doi: 10.1186/1475-9276-12-18. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23496984/
- Research project: Organization of a global research consortium to advance methods for measuring unmet health and social care needs of older people. https://extranet.who.int/kobe_centre/en/project-details/unmet_needs_consortium
- Centre for Epidemiology and Evidence. Milat AJ, Newson R, and King L. 2014. Increasing the scale of population health interventions: A guide. Evidence and Evaluation Guidance Series, Population and Public Health Division. Sydney: NSW Ministry of Health. https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/research/Publications/scalability-guide.pdf
- Ellen ME, Panisset U, Araujo de Carvalho I, Goodwin J, Beard J. A Knowledge Translation framework on ageing and health. Health Policy. 2017 Mar;121(3):282-291. doi: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2016.12.009. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28108136/
- McKeon S. 2013. Strategic Review of Health and Medical Research: Final Report. Commonwealth of Australia. https://apo.org.au/node/33477
- Greenhalgh T, Fisman D, Cane DJ, et al. Adapt or die: how the pandemic made the shift from EBM to EBM+ more urgent BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine Published Online First: 19 July 2022. doi: 10.1136/bmjebm-2022-111952. https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/2022/07/19/bmjebm-2022-111952
- Evaluation of the Health Care Homes trial –evaluation reports: https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/Evaluation-of-the-Health-Care-Homes-Program
- Feedback on the Australian Data Strategy: The Australian Government’s whole-of-economy vision for data. Submission by the Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences, June 2022 https://aahms.org/policy/submission-to-australian-data-strategy-consultation/
Please contact Amanda Dominello firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.